1. Use non-toxic cleaning solutions, such as vinegar and baking soda.
3. Take off your shoes when entering someone’s home. This is not only an Asian sign of respect but is also a way to prevent outdoor allergens and dirt from getting into your green home (if someone refuses see Baking Soda Tip#1)
4. Open a window or use an exhaust fan instead of using synthetic air fresheners to get rid of bad odours. Based on a research by the US Environmental Protection Agency air fresheners emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which can irritate your eyes and lead to headaches as well as other adverse health effects.
5. Toss the vinyl shower curtain and instead opt for nylon or cotton. Most vinyl shower curtains (including all liners) are polyvinyl chloride/PVC-based. Nylon and Cotton curtains can easily be machine washed and ready to use within minutes.
6. Throw the wet sponge in the microwave after washing the dishes for about one minute. This helps kill bacteria and make sure it’s germ-free for the next time you use it.
7. Green your home the right way with nature, bring plants into your home. They help rid your home of air pollutant and toxins so trade in your plastic plants for the real thing. If not properly cared for, silk plants attract a lot of dust. Ferns, ivy and palms are excellent natural filters.